My goal for 2018 is to read 40 books.
In January I started strong, as I do with most of my goals. I lost a little steam as the months progressed. I’ve been tracking my reading in Goodreads. I love using that site to keep track of books I’ve read because it recommends other books based on how you rate the books you’ve already read. It’s genius!
Here’s What I’ve Read So Far
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore
- Teaching From Rest
- Humble Roots
- The Way of the Dragon or the Way of the Lamb
- The 12 Week Year
- This is the Story of a Happy Marriage
- Keeping Place: Reflections on the Meaning of Home
- Looking For Lovely
- The Help
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family
- Shrink: Faithful Ministry in a Church-Growth Culture
- Forgiving God: A Story of Faith
I’m currently reading Liturgy of the Ordinary:Sacred Practices of Everyday Life and The Zookeeper’s Wife.
If I were to give you a book recommendation today based on what I’ve read recently, I would tell you to read the Parenting book if you have kids. My second favorite recent read was The Help because it’s everything a good story should be: great characters, a storyline that gives you something to think about and laugh about, and an ending that leaves you wanting to read it again.
Hey, remember when I said I was going to read more fiction? Obviously, that hasn’t happened, but summer has arrived and that’s my favorite time to read fiction and I’m going to make up for lost time!
Do you have any reading goals for this year? What have you read that you loved?